- September 26, 2017
- Posted by: GlennBill
- Category: ABCs of Attitude, Attitude, Business Motivation, Glenn Bill
In our previous blog, I discussed the first five steps of my Attitude Engagement Formula for showing up that will change your life forever. Here are five more steps to that will help gaurantee your success.
- Ask them questions about them – This is fairly obvious, the best way to do this is to first ask yourself, “what questions would I want people to ask me about myself?” I love this technique. Write them down, practice, drill, and rehearse, and you will see people are fascinated with your inquiry on their favorite subject – THEM.
- Listen to their answers – I know it’s hard, but really listen. Stop formulating what you want to say while they are sharing. This is one of the biggest mistakes I see people make. Although we assume one person talks and the other listens, this is often not the case. Many books, such as The Lost Art of Listening, have been been written about this technique. Ask more questions about what they think and feel – The technique is simple, just take the time to ask, “Tell me why you think that way or tell me why you feel that way?”
- If they ask you a question, answer directly, and with certainty – The best way to do this is talk about things you have actually done. If they want to know more, they will ask you. Too many people talk about what they are going to do, or what they should do. People who discuss and communicate about accomplishments never completed, thoughts never acted on and actions never taken only come off as pretenders, not as contenders.
- Tell them, “I really love your ATTITUDE!” – Yes, really do it! People love compliments, and this one shows that you have been paying attention and care about attitude.
- Then ask, “How did you GET YOUR’S?” – Yes, do this too! Do you have the guts?
You do this and the world will see that you are showing up like never before!
Note: This formula is based on meeting someone spontaneously. If you have the opportunity to research someone prior to the meeting, then you are armed with even more ammunition to show up better than anyone else.
TRUTH: 99% of people are more interested in themselves, their thoughts and their feelings more than anyone else. Including you!